Tuesday, October 24, 2006

We made it

We spent the rest of the weekend in DC at the National Zoo (saw the pandas), in Bethesda, at the National Portrait Gallery (amazing) and spending time with Pmogi. It was nice to see the sites, but K just wasn't very happy and needed to be held almost the entire time by mommy only. Her poor voice was hoarse from crying and in fact on Sunday she lost her voice for a brief time. It was really sad. Not the bonding time we hoped prior to starting school. She did great on the flights home and was so happy to be on the airplane and kept talking about home. Overall it was nice to see Pmogi, visit the sites and enjoy some time, but not with such a sad goose.

K started school today full time and had a rough drop off. The teacher had to take her from me while she was crying so that didn't make the week any better. I also hit a pole yesterday (it jumped out at me) and so not off to a great start. K keeps mentioning that my car is smooshed and wants to look at it over and over when we are in the garage. Grandma also left this morning and so we will now be adjusting to a new schedule and routine.

The biggest development is that she has begun to put two to three words together and is an awesome communicator. It is neat to see her language develop.

3 comments:

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

Sound like a tough week all around. I hope it gets better!!!

Lady M said...

Your trip sounds amazing! I'm glad that it went well, and sorry to hear about the smooshed car. Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Poor K and poor mommy. I didn't read this before I responded to your email...guess the trip wasn't all fun. I hope that the routine with school gets better and that K gets used to seeing Gma on visits only. Hugs and kisses...
Davida