Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Last night

Last night was wonderful!! K ended up being a pumpkin as we couldn't find any cat or giraffe costumes in her size. She had a great time wandering around and checking out all the pumpkins. She said boo to a lot of folks and got very good at knocking on doors and taking candy out of the bowls. By the end she was taking 3 pieces from each bowl. Today when I dropped her to school she talked about coming home and walking around and looking at pumpkins. For some reason she was scared of the houses with the webs and wouldn't go near them even if they were across the street.

The cutest thing she is doing this week is talking about how beautiful she is. She makes sure I point out that her drawings are beautiful. She also likes to brush her hair and look in the mirror and say beutifulll... It is so great. Yesterday when I picked her up at school she was given a few treats for Halloween including a candy necklace which she had me put on. Once it was on she told me I looked beautiful! Who knew what a great accessory an orange candy necklace could be...

School is still very much a transition. I was hopeful after Monday's great drop off, but I still get tears (and lots of them) when I leave and pick her up. At the end of the day she starts to cry whenever another child is picked up as she wants to go. I can't wait for when it is better. Her sleep has also been bad due to the time change, transition etc and is up everyday by 4:30. Last night she was up 4 times during the night and we couldn't get her down till after 9 with tears.

No comments: