Monday, October 20, 2008

Run like a girl!









































































A and I did our half marathon yesterday in SF.... It turned out to be a really cool experience. I was really worried as I hadn't done anywhere near the amount of training I hoped because of how ill I was feeling, but it turned out to be as fun as running and walking 13 miles can be. At the finish line we were greeted by guys in tuxs and Tiffany's necklaces as part of completing the race! I am a bit sore today and rather hobbly, but thrilled that I got to try it out. We left for to the city on Saturday went to Union Square to pick our race packets and shop before meeting friends for a really fun dinner at Slow Club in Potrero. It was a really nice restaraunt with great ambiance. We spent the night with our friends and left for muni at 5:45am, which was not so fun. After the race which took us all over the city we stumbled home for breakfast at a neighborhood place followed by awesome coffee from a roasting co next door. All very yummy!

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Wow, congrats on finishing the race. That's awesome!

YF said...

Seriously... very impressive. Congrats! I like the run like a girl theme. Now, did they give those necklaces away???

Anonymous said...

Yes, part of the run includes a necklace and t-shirt. Well worth a run for a Tiffanys greeting at the end.