Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A couple things

K is being really cute with the concept of the new baby. Today we had her join us for one of the doctor appointments and she was thrilled to go especially as the doctor gave her a lollipop and stickers on her way out the door. As it turns out she was way more excited about the concept of the doctor's appointment versus actually listening to the heartbeat of the baby. I was thrilled to hear that maybe just maybe in a few weeks I might feel semi normal again.

And thankfully I worked from home today as I got to save another bird from MoCa. Hopped of my laptop for lunch around 12:30 only to see feathers everywhere... Depressing that I know how to get to both the day and night rescue shelters for wildlife rescue. That would be the second bird this week... We express no joy over the birds so I am not sure why we continue to get all these presents. T mentioned today's gift was a thank you for letting MoCa have half our bed last night as poor T almost fell off due to our bed piggy.

Yesterday we had an ultrasound for the baby and got to see the little one moving around. Very exciting but very different the second time around as you are more prepared and aware of the whole process. One active little one in there right now.

And today we are wearing our rain boots again. Our rain boots are definitely one of the better Mommy purchases. Last week I met a girlfriend to go check out the maternity wear.... Yes, it is still just downright horrible.... I have no idea why the clothes are SO bad.... Anyway the only exciting purchase were some rainboots for K that haven't left her feet since they arrived. In fact when I gave them to her she slept with them.

1 comment:

Lady M said...

The only maternity item that I loved was my red toggle coat. And I got to wear it both winters! The other stuff? Not so fun.

Hope you are feeling better!