Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mommy who

Daddy and K have had a rocking weekend! They went to Eats my favorite breakfast place in the city yesterday and hit the zoo.. K's favorite part of the zoo were the kangaroos although she was bummed not to feed them. And as is fast becoming a tradtion that K loves more than us... a requisite stuffed animal. She got a little tiger (luckily she is not looking for his family, which is what she spent most of our trip to Bali last year with her zoo giraffe. I convinced her not to throw the giraffe in the ocean, that is where she thought his family was living and she was trying to organize a reunion. However we did end up buying two giraffes which she still plays with.) She has talked about the zoo every time we chat and so we will definitely have to return soon.

Today Daddy made them a nice early dinner and promised her a walk into town for an ice cream if she ate her dinner... Heaven. Especially since she got to go to the farmers market, hit the bookstore and play with Gma S this morning while Daddy was golfing.... Tomorrow I am coming home and am going to suprise her with Magnolia cupcakes.... Let's see how they do on the trip. Luckily I also scored the new Madeline book that just came out.... One of her favorite series.

My weekend in NYC was awesome.... Can never ever complain about NYC! The weather was incredible about 80 all weekend and the play, All My Sons was really good. Getting to see the play, Katie Holmes in the theatre and waiting for her afterwards was lots of fun. Suprisingly there were more folks waiting for her after the play than when we saw Julia Roberts on Broadway a couple years ago. K and I also went to the Met to see the recent remodel and the Turner exhibit and wandered the park and the Upper West and East side. I am hoping to see a bit of West Village and the Meatpacking district before heading home, but I am working tomorrow so not sure if I will get more than lunch in.

Stayed at the Hudson which is a beautiful hip hotel with great views from the Terrace and the restaraunt. Their bar is definitely one of the coolest bars I have ever been in with the most awesome drinks, which is how I initially discovered the hotel. Overall I would have to say the small room size make it not a really attractive hotel to return to. Thank goodness we didn't stay here when we came as a family last month.

No comments: