Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cavallo Point

I had a conference earlier this week at Cavallo Point at the Golden Gate. We had hoped to make a family get away out of it, but the work schedules didn't permit. I still had a really nice time as the views are stunning, the rooms are huge and the yoga class in the morning was awesome and a great way to start a day of work! However coming to get K and giving her the flashlight for bedtime that they gave us at check in and sharing an apple was just as fun.

I took a red eye to DC last night... What a hard place to get to, you can be in Europe for the same amount of travel time. Luckily I recouped at Dean & Deluca with watermelon on their patio, reading the entire New York Times at Teaism with a yummy tofu salad and a bit of wandering around Georgetown. I brought all my running stuff so I am looking forward to running around my hotel as the area is really neat and great scenery to distract me... I am going to need it as I finished my day with dinner at the Four Seasons so outside of a bit of walking I don't think I got any real exercise in today. I did pick out the museums I want to visit so that is nice...

1 comment:

Lia Freitas said...

When I was younger I spent some time in New York. I HAD to go to Dean & Deluca because it was on that damn show Felicity and I loved it. I really loved that place but looking back now I paid so much for coffee and snacks! ha ha!