Wednesday, August 13, 2008

not the good bye we hoped for

With meetings running late and a lack of available cabs we had a sprint to our hotel and a crazy ride back to the airport with limited cash resources for the tip and very limited time. Luckily I was able to promise large tips and many rides next month when I am back in New York. battling rush hour was jerky and we all ended up rather sick so there we were K and Mommy cuddling in the backseat laying down while K tells Mommy... It's ok, I will cuddle with you, don't be sad. I know the van is too big, it's not a Lexus. You will be fine, don't worry.

The funniest part of this the comforting is taking place after the pee in the cake takeout box. We bought some great looking cake, which we never ate, so out the cake went so that the container could double as a potty. Of course not an exact science and poor Tom took off his shirt to clean the cab floor. The cabbie said nothing did a million illegal maneuvers and I got to my flight which I was late for with 40 minutes to spare. So the goodbye now that I am in Boston and T and K are on a flight home was a quick kiss and a wave as I flew out the door. I am going to miss my travel buddies!!!

1 comment:

YF said...

omg, that is a funny one - the pee in the cake box and the shirtless daddy. i would have liked to see that on video! :-)