Friday, August 22, 2008

Loire Valley

The Loire Valley is really pretty... We have been wine tasting, jam tasting and chocolate tasting. All lovely!!! We have stumbled on fields of sunflowers, seen loads of field mice and even a fox on the way back from dinner one night.

We visited beautiful chateaus at Cheverny, Chambord, Ambrose and Chenonceau. Chenonceau also had wonderful gardens. Lots and lots of hot abd cold pink as K would say. Cold pink is light pink. We spent a considerable amount of time in Bloise, which is a really small town with lots of staircases and little alleys. Although I think Ambrose was our favorite as the food was really good and the town had a very quaint feel to it.

We are heading back for one more blast of Paris before returning home to what we hope is warmer weather. We keep running into cold and rain.

1 comment:

Momma to LG said...

I am just going to say it....I HATE you!!!!! I am so jealous of you right now. Ha ha! Of course, I don't hate you, I just want to be you right now!!!!

Hope you are having a great time.