Tuesday, August 14, 2007

One word... WOW

Paris was incredible... We started each morning with cafe cremes, baguettes and crossaints... We went to great sites like Versailles (let's just say if Louis XIV couldn't sleep he counted ounces of gold and not sheep), the d'Orsay for a special exhibit, Notre Dame and Montmarte. We spent a ton of time wandering the city stumbling on shops, eating at cafes including the Ritz, Laduree, the top of the Pompidu, and of course, Crepes Suzette. The food was fantastic everywhere we went... not only did we try places we have loved from past trips we found even more places and more importantly more crepes to love. We wandered through the gardens and most of all we shopped. As pmogi mentioned halfway into our shopping we have lots of souvenirs from our trip... It won't be forgotten... especially since I returned with four times the amount of stuff I left with... Umm, let's just say I haven't started unpacking... from the person who normally is unpacked before we go to bed the day we return... I am not going to say anymore about the shopping or list any of the shops we visited for the fear of sounding like a shopaholic. We took Eurostar to Paris (my first time) and it was great. Not only is it really easy to check in and out of it is really nice. I kept trying to see when we went into the Chunnel, but missed it. Ahh well... another reason to return Paris.

Being home is fantastic! K and T met me at the airport and as soon as K saw me her arms started flying and she started moving around in Daddy's arms... We spent the evening attached at the hip... showering together, reading books, checking out the airport and finally going to bed at the same time due to a sleepy mommy. While reading books she just kept looking at me rather than the book... whenever she is this quiet I ask her what she is thinking about. So I asked her what she was thinking about ... she said Mommy. It is great to be home with her. Daddy did a great job and now has to head off for his work travels while me and K catch up... Ahh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Europe just isn't the same without you. I think Galeries Lafayette has issued a missing persons report for you...Sound like a perfect reunion with K and T. I'll be there soon! -PMoGi