Monday, August 20, 2007

How we celebrate a normal weekend

We got a normal family weekend... hurrah... it has been a long time with studying, applications and travel... Here is how we spent it.

- K wanted a merry go round... I had no idea where one was outside of this little one at VF so we went to the mall and rode the ride again and again.
- Afterwards she got a chocolate at Sees and her lipstick done at Mac. She keeps asking me to do her lipstick like the man did it... Very funny.
- We met Daddy at Left Bank and had a fantastic lunch where she got to spread butter on bread all by herself. We finished with an ice cream at Ben & Jerrys.... At least four months since we shared a cone together.
- We went to Lemos Farm in Half Moon Bay and rode the ponies, jumped in the jumper and rode the ponies. I think K sat on six different ponies. Heaven.
- We went to the beach had a great picnic, wandered the beach and even climbed the rocks. Afterwards we went to the Ritz for K's first ever brownie sundae. We even snuck to the fresh fish market for incredible ahi and shrimp (for K). Summer dinners are always awesome.
- For the first time ever we made pizza at home. K loved being a chef, rolling out the dough, sprinkling everything on the crust and spreading flour around the counter. I think we will do that more often.
- We hit up the farmers market and local cafe for our standard Sunday fare.
- Spent time with Gma S and talked to Gma C on the phone.

Some funny comments:
Mommy... where is my diamond ring..
Hon you don't have a diamond ring. Ask Daddy.
After discussion with Daddy... I don't have a diamond ring... Daddy has to go get me one.
No idea how she learned about diamond rings.

Mommy... I am full have my banana... I look at the banana to see a bruise on the part she gave me. K sees me inspecting it and says Mommy... eat it... its good... Hmmm... I am not so sure!

No comments: