Thursday, August 02, 2007

Cambridge

I made it to Cambridge yesterday to begin the mogi adventure. We had an incredible day!We started our adventure touring the chapel at Kings College, climbing a very worn and spiral staircase into the laregest vaults in the world and going up to the roof to take in Cambridge. A mogi adventure is only complete with a little history and a little shopping so we headed into the town to buy some beautiful presents and wander the town market for the largest rasberries we have ever seen. We continued our adventure by walking through the countryside to have tea at The Orchard in Grantchester. The walk went along the river Cam, fields full of cows and blackberry bushes which we had to pick... Good thing T wasn't here... you should see the way he picked berries at his Mom's home in Oregon. The place we had tea is the same place literary legends such as Virginia Wolf wrote and had tea... It was fantastic. We continued our adventure wandering through gardens and the personal highlight and lowlight of the day, punting in the River Cam. The boat platform was rather wet when it was my turn to punt and so I was struggling with balance... while working on balance another boat collided into us... and over I went... A rather freezing swim and ride back to the College with many good laughs... My poor dkny shoes the ones I have worn since I was pregnant and follow me to every city are sitting in the window drying... As in proper mogi fashion... we hurried back to recover from my disaster (unlike pmogi who is an incredible punter) to the b bar for a little coffee and dessert. An awesome first day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous - Cambridge is beautiful. Will and I did a big Europe trip after graduating from college and made it out there. Good times. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.