Friday, September 08, 2006

Hmmm.

Once again K got up on Wed night at 1am and napped off and on (more off than on) from 1am - 4am. She was up at 4am for the day and stayed up till 9:30 for a 40 minute nap. Not sure why she is not sleeping and not sure why she thinks mommy is party mommy. When I come in during the night she wants to go downstairs, read books, sing songs, the lists go on. When T goes in she asks for me and goes back to sleep. I don't get it.

Grandma and K were talking about going shopping yesterday. When asked what would she get if she were to go shopping - a firm answer "Neigh Neigh" (horse). She loves horses and anything she can sit on ride on (starbucks chair, stuffed animals, comforters, pillows) are all neigh neighs.

We had a great time at the moms group - it had been so long since she had gone. K insisted on taking Anna (the doll). She was also less clingy and more open to adventuring and finding toys etc. She sat in LG's booster chair and as it is made by the same company as her potty kept referring to it as the bathroom.. She really enjoyed the popcorn and kept insisting that her plate be kept at a full level. (we know where she developed her love for popcorn).

We also went to see a friend's 8 week puppy. I am not sure who was more excited to see one another. K loved the puppy, but eventually decided to sit on my lap and just squeal. My friend served her ice cream and so I am sure K was deciding how to move in.

This morning we went for our weekly Borrone trip. We got there early as always, but it was too crowded. When I asked K last night what she wanted to do in the morning instead of borrone or keplers. She looked at me and suggested ice cream. I told her that wasn't a morning treat at least not for a few years. I still remember years ago when we were on vacation and my mom let me have a banana split for breakfast. Funny how I don't remember any other breakfast items I ordered.

The evenings in the neighborhood park are becoming bigger and bigger and K was very sad more S who had a few bumps last night. Today she continued to chat about S's nose and the fact that it was running from crying.

Another highlight is the moon. She loves the moon, loves watching it, going to look for it and talking about it. We visit it every night before bed. I will bring the camera to capture the excitement on her face when she spots it so I can post it. It is amazing.

Yeah! the weekend is ahead.

No comments: