Friday, August 28, 2009

Four months...

C turns four months old tomorrow... She started to laugh this week. That crazy intoxicating giggling is just as good as I remember when K first started to laugh. Sleep has been horrible the last few weeks... at least for what C was doing... she looked like she was even starting to show signs of sleeping through the night... ie we were getting to 5 or even sometimes 6 before food... now that has all changed. I think some of it is our fault. C loves her binky... and shock uses it as a sleep transition tool... so now we are trying to figure out how to change this... and so we are brainstorming, researching and over analyzing... Even with the hours we are clocking in the rocking chair each night her smiles are making it worth it... however we know we aren't ever going to three... not sure how we could/would handle the work.

K is my doll... she is so sweet and so caring and sooo helpful. She may be the best big sis ever. She loves babies particularly c who she calls the "family baby." She reads her stories, helps grab things for me and mimics the mommy behaviors on all her dollies. I just saw one of her baby bottles on a coaster in our family room... Funny things she has said... "C is like an airplane they both make a lot of noise" "Can Santa live with us" and too many more to remember... her love of music is growing and now listens to music every night. Her swimming skills are improving... we were behind on this one..

And today is my last day of maternity leave. I am back in the office on Monday... luckily for awesome family we will keep C home until she is older... not sure until when but she is staying home for at least the winter while she continues to strengthen that immune system.

Almost all the things I hoped to do on maternity leave and all the places I hoped to visit didn't happen... so my while on maternity leave list is now a when I return to work list... but I did get quality time with C, some quality moments with K, painted our house, put in new carpet, got T a man tv, and some furniture to match... finished five classes and that's about it...

2 comments:

YF said...

Happy giggles, I am sorry that you didn't get to do much of your list - i am sure that you will always treasure the time with C as a newborn. Once you forget the sleep trauma that is. and yes, today was a hot one. my fingers look like they are about to split open they are so swollen.

Lady M said...

May you have a smooth transition back to work. I'm glad you've had such a great time with your girls at home!