Monday, November 24, 2008

Sports and more sports

The whirlwind East Coast trip was freezing and crazy as I spent a day in DC, a day in NYC and a day in Boston. Luckily I got to spend some time in one of my favorite places, NYC for a little bit. And when I got home I had the cabbie drive me straight to meet T & K at Stanford women's volleyball Friday night. K loved the tree and the dollies (the cheer/dance group at Stanford) although she didn't understand why the dollies are being called babies by everyone. The dancing and the festivities were great, but she was rather distracted by the presents in Mommy's suitcase. We went for sushi with M&J afterwards where K consumed more edamame than the table combined and loved her late weekend night, which is getting to be quite a theme.

On Sat we went over to some friends for big game where K got to eat cupcakes after being forced to eat turkey burgers. The food battles continue... so hard to get her to eat... cupcakes make things a tiny bit easier. As I told T, luckily we went to women's volleyball on Fri night so we could see Stanford win a sporting event as the football was not quite the same. Pmogi was thrilled with CAL's win when I met her on Sunday. After the party we headed to a Sharks game where K although bothered by the noise loved the shark mascot and being up high watching everything. Especially since Gma S came with us and covered K's ears whenever the noise levels got too high. Gotta love Gmas! K didn't make the drive home and was so excited when she woke up Sunday to find she slept in her daytime clothes.


Sunday M & K hung with Daddy while he had the two girls solo flying around the market and the bookstore. I am so impressed he took on two three year olds solo! Especially as Mommy headed up to the city with Pmogi for a girls day in SF. P & I went to breakfast at Eat's (yummy fruit crepes) and wandered the Marina and Fillmore areas while the sun shone. We got mani/pedis and headed home when the weather turned... K immediately noticed my nails and demanded to know when I went to the spa. Luckily one of her presents included 4-6 bottles of glittery polish so we had a nice mani/pedi session before bed...

No comments: