Sunday, January 27, 2008

Another day..

We learned today our flat is where Marco Polo lived, which explains all the photos being taken since it is down an alley you would never find. We wandered most of the day away hitting a few churches and Cafe Firenze which is known for their bellinis. We had pomegranate and champagne as peach is out of season and lovely treats. The highlight of the evening was dinner at a local restaraunt where we ended up singing with the pianist and some other locals. Some of the girls even danced in mask with the staff which was quite sweet. The locals even took us to a disco for a real bellini and a chat which was awesome since they have lived here their whole lives. As a result we didn't turn in until 4am, but it was very fun. I also finally got a mask. As we get closer to Carneval more and more people are out in full costume so now I have a mask, which I am sure I can use for Halloween. No longer will I go as Mommy. K and I are chatting daily and today she informed me of her wish to have a skunk and it's mommy come live with us. Hmm. I also got to butterfly kiss a bump away as T moved the phone around for me and luckily it cheered her up. More adventures tomorrow.

No comments: