Friday, April 20, 2007

What a week!

Last Sunday I took K to Stanford's community day where we met T & D. K loved it as she got to ride horses, take a barn tour, visit the polo horses and got to touch her first full sized horse. She also got to check out the children's area where she saw lion dancers, petted a few dogs, and saw a high school choir. Everytime the choir stopped singing she told me - mommy one more song is coming up. It was really fun!

DC was great minus the horrible weather and horrible horrible flights. The weather caused a number of delays and a lot of turbulence. My friend R came and met me so we had a great time going to Dupont Circle, Georgetown and the National Portrait Gallery. It was a really great time even though it was shortened due to my flight delay and work schedule being pretty firm. One of the nights events was at the Kennedy Center rooftop terrace. It was so windy that they had the terrace closed for most of the event.

NYC is awesome. I leave tomorrow evening, but the shopping, the restaraunts and the weather have been amazing. I met my girlfriend K and we went to an awesome cuban restaraunt with fantastic mango martinis. I met her friends last night and went to a few more bars and restaraunts in SoHo which turned out to be a lot of fun. I also spent a lot of time shopping in SoHo and on Madison Avenue. I found a couple sample sales ---- awesome, went to a ton of great boutiques, read a nice book and enjoyed the weather. Tomorrow I am going to visit the park, do some shopping on Madison and go to Sarabeths. My favorite part of the trip was exploring the meat packing district. A lot of neat shops are opening up and they already have some great places. I decided to check out the bumble and bumble and found out they have a great cafe that overlooks the hudson where I had the most amazing smoothie. It was really fun.

I have missed K a lot, but have kept pretty busy with work and really taken advantage of all you can do when you are by yourself. We have been chatting every day and I even got to sing her to sleep one night which was neat. She is starting to ask that I come home when we chat on the phone so Sunday will be awesome. I went to FAO Schwarz and got her some great horses and found her a neat elmo shirt (since she loves the elmo pjs so). She is excited about her presents. T took her for pizza and ice cream and over to spend some time with family in town so she has had a ball. It will be nice to be back together.

1 comment:

Lady M said...

Glad you had a good time in NYC.

And everyone can always use more toy horses. :)