Friday, April 27, 2007

A brave little girl

Our doctor ordered some blood tests for K so we could all make sure the interest in paper wasn't a deficiency of some sort... The first test was horrible (before our Europe trip)- two folks holding her down while I held her arms and legs. She screamed a lot! So when we needed to do a second round because she came back slightly anemic I thought about giving the responsibility to T. I decided today to just take her after all the procrastinating I could handle. As soon as we got there she asked to sit on my lap and we chatted for about 30 minutes. When it was her turn (I had already explained the process) two folks came over again... And our amazing little girl didn't cry at all. Instead she sat and watched while I sang her Mary had a little lamb at her request. At one point she pushed her face into mine and stayed there but she sat and watched the whole process. A huge relief to have the test out of the way. I hope everything comes back ok. Ice cream treats for all! She loved the stickers she received and so they are now all over my car and the bear that went with her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a brave girl! Taking a 2 year old to the doctor can be a nightmare. She was already brave to sit in the waiting room when she knew what was coming.

Hope the retest comes back normal. Keep us posted!

YF said...

oooh... a very brave girl. i also hope that the tests are normal... xoxo C

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! Hope to see you soon K goose!
Davida & Tay

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

Wow! Go K Goose!!!! I hope everything come back ok.