Tuesday, June 08, 2010

The crib

We are trying to reuse most of our baby stuff from K with C... and luckily it has been working out pretty well... if C had been of the opposite gender there would have been a lot of metrosexual pink blankets in his life... luckily this conversation whas been avoided!

K has loved to hop in C's crib since she moved out of the bassinet... They have sat in there together playing, giggling and just being wonderfully cute together.

One night when T was away and I was flying solo I got up to find the binkies that had fallen between the wall and the crib and all of a sudden a wheel came off in my hand... at 1am! Feeling really growly and especially bummed that I couldn't call T to come over and take care of his required duties... clearly crib fixing is the dad's job in our house... I had to try and fix it myself... so there I was lifting the crib with C in it and putting the wheel on... she was startled by the whole thing and so I imagine looked quietly at me in the dark... I couldn't see this but the silence was suggesting she was baffled by the event.. I found the binkies returned them and went back to bed.. not even thinking we could have broken the crib in the moving of the crib. T returned home the next day and I asked him to figure out the wheel situation...

The problem... turns out you can't really have a five year old jumping in a crib with a one year old... must be past the weight requirements... I have to confirm this with Pali as it turns out the wood split.... and the wheel can no longer go into the crib... so now the crib is without wheels.. still functional, but I am seeing a faster transition to the big girl bed.. just hoping it will last another year.

K has been banned from getting in the bed... much to her chagrin.. it was an extension of a gymnastics routine she normally performs on the floor. So I saw her looking at the crib this morning... still dreaming of getting in with her sis... still being a doting big sister... as long as it doesn't involve her little sister touching her stuff or destroying her towers with a single second of exploration!

1 comment:

Lady M said...

Q-ster is allowed to get in the crib with his little brother, but the rule is that he has to ask permission first, and then he has to either sit or lie down. No standing or jumping! (Hoping to keep the crib holding together for another 6 months . . .)