Monday, January 12, 2009

K's empathy

Now that we are all getting back into the routines of no vacation days, work and school, Gma S was covering for me as I had an 8:30 class on Saturday... On Thursday and Friday K was going to the bathroom every fifteen minutes. On Saturday morning by the time I left for school she had already gone to the bathroom about eight times from 7-8am... So now I am getting concerned. What if she has an infection... So on my way to class I ring the advice nurse who suggests that K has to come in on Sat... Unfortunately I can't take any time from this course so I step out of class and ring K to tell her about the appt and let her know that she has to go to the doctor. For whatever reason she really didn't want to go. My bargaining while on the phone wasn't working so I called T who also rang to try to make her go... No luck.... Gma S (THE SUPERSTAR) decided to pull out the big guns.... a trip to the toy store if she went to the doctor... Of course K agreed and enjoyed the visit, the stickers and you guessed it the purchase of ANOTHER baby doll and comfy pajamas....

So what was the diagnosis.... nothing... that is right she is mimicing Mommy and my pregnancy. As a result K is going to the bathroom because of the baby in her tummy. Talk about major empathy from my girl.

The rest of the weekend was really peaceful. Playdates, dinners out and a date for me and T. We even made it through all our baby stuff and organized everything so we can prepare for C. K has already learned how to write C's name and I picked her up on Fri where she was working on writing her little sister's name. She has also started to talk to C by yelling into my tummy... Too cute... She keeps telling her she wants to see her and can't wait to meet her.

2 comments:

Lady M said...

So, so, so cute!

Desiree said...

Hmm...will have to start guessing what C stands for. are you telling people or keeping it secret? :)