Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The coyotes

Over the last few weeks we have noticed that K has gotten up a couple times a week for fear of something or the other. My internet research suggests that this maybe in part because of her imagination or even a change in her life. Since there have been no changes in her life unless she has some anxiety with the baby coming, which doesn't appear to be the issue, we have been wondering what was going on. Last night after tucking her in to bed she had us come upstairs a couple times and after the you must go to bed conversation we heard her chattering for quite a while until finally it was quiet upstairs. T was heading upstairs while I did a couple little things downstairs only to call me up... K had set up a bed in the hallway and was fast asleep. I would have gotten a picture if I wasn't so worried I would wake her... She had brought a pillow, found a big blanket to cover herself and brought her blankie and was fast asleep in the middle of the hallway. Needless to say it was too cute, but we carried her off to bed, tucked her in and didn't hear from her till morning.

This morning when we asked her what happened she explained that she was worried coyotes were going to blow our house down. That three little piggy story has always troubled her. Once in London she had a horrible time napping with Gma C because she was so concened about the wolves that she swore were in the hotel hallway. Looks like we will have to keep working at helping her feel comfy at night.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Andrew has bad dreams about spiders. I tried to encourage a healthy fear of spiders since he likes looking for bugs in the garden and I have seen black widows out there. I guess I took it a little too far because now he wakes us up in the middle of the night and tells us about spiders in his dreams. oops.