Friday, October 12, 2007

Two nights in

K loves her big girl bed slumber party (translation: mattress on floor as we need to order a new bed. Not sure on the toddler bed, but it all depends on if the furniture shop really requests 14 weeks for delivery) The first night was forty minutes of "I have to go to the bathroom" until I finally had to tell her that she needed to show me she was ready for a big girl bed by staying in it. That must have stuck with her because she went to bed after that without a peep. In the morning she asked me if it was time to wake up before leaving. Another big milestone although it will be more memorable when she has a real bed in her room.

I bought her a pumpkin cookie as a treat this week... She loved it. We made it last for four snacks and since she is crazy about Halloween it was a real hit. We are going to get another one tomorrow. Not a good idea for me to have sugar cookies in the house, otherwise I would make them! A funny moment about the cookie and a two year old version of sharing... T was out one of the times she was eating her cookie and so she told me "I want to share with Daddy" I explained he would be home later and she could give him a piece. She said oh no I want Daddy to watch me eat the cookie... I asked if that is what she meant by sharing... She nodded immediately. Hmm... a different version of sharing, but a very funny one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I guess she just wanted to share the moment with him. :)

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

I like that version of sharing!