Tuesday, January 16, 2007

more on k

K had a nice weekend going to a baby shower with Mommy, hanging out in Los Gatos with Mommy, spending an evening with G so Mommy and Daddy could go to a bday party, going to the farmers market and getting caught up on all her toys at home after a week of school.

Yesterday her school was closed so we took the day to visit Daddy at work for lunch (a giant hit considering she played with a stuffed bear and got pretzels and a cookie). We also had two play dates - one at S’s house and T’s house). We finished the day by going to pick up Gma and pmogi from the airport (a big hit – she was so excited to have them back she squealed the whole way home and then ran around their house chasing the kitty and running in circles! She is very very happy to have them back and kept asking me where they were this morning.

She got some jewelry from India and so she spent most of this morning organizing her new jewelry box and trying on all her new bangles… She looked quite festive! I was trying to hurry her along to pick out her socks and so I told her I was going to count and needed her to get her socks by the count of 5. K just looked at me and started counting on my behalf. Not exactly what I had in mind.

She is getting much better singing songs and now sings most of the words in songs we sing frequently. The song I sing her every night before bed was one I made up in the hospital and so it is all about her and how much everyone loves her. She has gotten in the habit of singing along to it at the top of her lungs until we are both laughing as I set her down. At least I know I am not putting her to bed asleep even if it is no longer a calming song!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend! K and T look adorable at the book store!