Friday, January 26, 2007

Dare I say it

K may finally be adjusted to school. A lot of days I pick her up and we have to do one more thing before leaving... Yesterday, I had to grab her as she could have ran fast with Mommy, played on the slide and in the swings forever.

Over the last few weeks she has started to get better about crying when I leave (although I knew it was a 30 second tear thing I didn't like starting my days with her crying).

This morning however when I did the drop off she got interested in following another girl into another room and so she looked at me and said Bye mommy see you much (translation bye mommy, see you, love you this much -arms outstretched wide). She then turned off and wandered away. It was the first time I didn't have to set her down and do a big distraction to avoid tears. She even gave me my keys (normally she holds them and I have to take them from her so I can leave.)

Let's hope this is going to be the new routine as I know she likes everything about the school and teacher from the way she talks about it.

2 comments:

Silicon Valley Moms Group said...

Yeah!!!! Sounds like great progress to me.

Lady M said...

That's great! It sounds like a great school.