Friday, May 14, 2010

Really babies shake lamps

Ok, so it appears that I should have realized kids are different months ago... and I did know that sorta... well ok not really... After all C.. was calling clone for many months by T... as she gets older the differences become more and more apparent... in ten years I am sure this will be even more the case... the differences we are seeing now.

eating... C loves to eat... loves it... she tried to nurse a couple weeks ago with her mouth so full of banana she couldn't shut it... that is my girl! T described her morning nursing sessions as a lion eating.. they are rather excited affairs for one of us... the girl eats all food with gusto! K although has finally shown some sort of appetite. The other day she could not take the granola bar I offered when she mentioned she was hungry as we got to school as she would have to sit to eat... no time to sit and eat... C on the other hand points to her chair and tries to get anything anyone is eating... really anything is good...

mobility... K lived to walk... by ten months she was walking and happy.. shaking leaves, carrying sticks happy to be like the adults around her... She would hold her hands sitting before walking crying as she waited for someone to help her walk... C loves crawling... grins happily and crawls around... she has taken quite a few steps by herself she has no interest in doing it... if offered a chance we see her drop to the floor and start to crawl to get to anything..

kid proofing.. K was so focused on being with her parents she never left our side... we never childproofed outside of a few electricity covers on outlets... C needs childproofing... I would take a pic but don't want to encourage this... she loves to go over to the lamps shake them grin and look back at us with the clatter... she especially loves the part when we all run over to stabalize the lamps... if we are really lucky she shakes her head no as we run over... once again not sure I can provide photographic evidence despite this is ridiculously cute and infuriating... The other morning as I was feeding MoCa I realized she was holding herself up with the tupperware full of cat food and helping herself to quite a meal... I told you ... she loves to eat. K although interested in MoCa's food would never have gotten past the first taste.. especially if we said no. C also figured out how to open shampoo bottles... I was unaware of this technique until I found a bottle of shampoo in her mouth and the lid in her hand.. this is similar to when I was emptying the contents of my purse at her one year appt and the dr and I learned she could open lipsticks and chapstick.. and take both and put them in her mouth... this fact worried the poor dr who was worried C would choke in her office... that would take away my favorite doctor in the world award I want to give her everytime I see her.

sleep.. K was sleep trained at 8 months... last night C spent half the night standing up crying with the binky in the mouth as we kept reminding her night was for sleeping.

Ok, so now I know should we ever do this again... you really don't know what you are going to get... and even more so pregnancy is not an indication of personality outside of the womb.. if so C would have been given away months ago...

And in the new developments... C is giving kisses... and finally said da... that is right T and K were ahead of us at the park yesterday and C felt left out being stuck back with Mom and I heard a da... heard it again this morning so it is official!

1 comment:

Lady M said...

It's fun to see how they grow! Buster is much bolder than Q-ster, so we too had a more challenging task of childproofing this time around.