Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And the day is here

She is five today... K has been waiting for this day forever. I am sure she would tell you her whole life... (after all this is the age of great great drama)

Five years ago I would never ever have imagined how much love one little girl can provide... She is kind, stunningly beautiful, intelligent, inquisitive, sweet, outgoing and really really caring. Watching life through her eyes is a blessing, being her friend and playmate is a great moment that I will never forget and being her mom is rewarding and an incredible amount of work.

If someone would have told me I would love her even more once she became a big sister I would have said that is impossible, but it is true. Watching the two girls together has made me love K even more. She is so kind and sweet with C. She truly is a third parent even though we try to keep that role away from her... She advises her Gmas and us on what her little sister wants already being the voice her sister doesn't have yet. She squeals with delight when she sees C accomplish something new and yells us over in case we aren't watching. She is truly the doting big sister sharing her with strangers and friends alike. Look at my little sister... she is nine months and she does...

Going from two to three and now four has made me so grateful I have such a wonderful husband, best friend and partner to experience this with..I think back to the first weeks when K entered our lives and I think it may have been the best time of our marriage... We were so proud of what we had created together that we would fight over who got to push the stroller when we were out and about.. We are still just that proud. K has contributed to our family in so many ways in the five years we have had her we are thrilled to be her parents... and sad that time is going so fast. Yesterday I looked at T and said oh no... she will be leaving for college in 13 years. Somehow that seems way too fast for my liking.

Happy birthday K.. You are the best five year old in the world.

Tonight she requested we celebrate her bday with her favorite things... so we are eating at home... mac and cheese, eggs, asian pears and apples... followed by with vanilla ice cream and sprinkles. The sprinkles are the only color in our meal.

1 comment:

Lady M said...

Happy Birthday, K!