Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A bad day!

K is an excellent traveler... we started our day to Bali very normally... whipped cream and latte at Starbucks and a good bye to Daddy so K and I could get a head start on our Bali adventure.... We wandered the airport - put on a ton of creams at the duty free shops and checked out gucci glasses... and then we got to our gate and everything exploded. K took the spoon I was borrowing and wiped it on the floor because I couldn't use it. She screamed and yelled and cried and continued to do this for six hours with little peeks or her normal personality... To say I was shocked would be an understatement...I cried three times... She was inconsolable and even worse so sad... At the hotel her meal was pushed on the floor, she demanded a shower and got out on to the marble floor because she didn't want to wash her shampoo out... The longest tantrum of my life ended twelve hours after it began... I was sooo bummed.... and so shocked to not be able to help her or do anything to make it better. The five hour travel day (due to connections and late bookings) turned into twelve hours of heck... I only remember one other day like this when she was six weeks old and I contemplated driving to get her to nap after a day of crying... Nothing to say about what I could have done better (maybe more food but all I can say is at the end of the day we had:

- a SAD mommy
- a SAD and angry K
- a broken bed due to a tantrum about not sleeping
- a hungry mommy so glad for a new day
- many horrified fellow passengers who tried to help!
- a happy mommy to have daddy back to tag team in case this happens again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like one for the record books. So sorry that you both had such a rough day. Hopefully you will have a great time in Bali and recover in no time.

We miss you!
Davida & Tay

Lady M said...

Oh no! She's been such a good traveler, it must have been one heck of a change. I'm sure tomorrow will be much better. Enjoy the rest of the trip!